Interior Design at its Finest

Monday, May 2, 2011

I took a field trip to Baltimore with three other classmates and a professor on Saturday to visit the Walters Art Museum. It was about as interesting as a Medieval Art Exhibit can be, I suppose, but I did get excited about my job next year after the medieval audio tour (not any better than it sounds) was over. We got to eat at Potbelly's in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore, and I was excited to eat somewhere new, and my sandwich = delish. I enjoy visiting other cities, and really wanted to check out the national aquarium! Here's a couple pics I snapped:
Why Be Less when you can B-More?
The Potbelly's where we ate is in the bottom right corner of this pic!
You may think it's strange that I went on a field trip with only 4 students, since the class had 30+ kids in it and he taught two sections. Well that's because this was a make up trip. There were two other field trips before where everyone else managed to go to. Field trip option #1 = a Saturday in February when I had a basketball game. Field trip option #2 = the next Saturday in February where I had another basketball game. So yep, I had to go the last Saturday before classes end. Fun Times.

I was actually thankful for the lack of other students because buying lunch with a group of people is seriously a huge pain.  I'm also easily annoyed by people who can't sit in a car for like 15 minutes without their bladder exploding.  I remember once being that person who made everyone stop to pee. I was 7 years old and my family was driving from Iowa to Pennsylvania. I have since outgrown that phase. My family once drove from Pittsburgh to Chicago (an 8 hour ride) and I seriously think ALL SIX OF US only stopped once.

That's why, to this day, it baffles me why you would ever stop on a 3 hour ride unless you ran out of gas or saw Prince Harry of Wales with a flat tire on the side of the road. But, of course one of the other girls needed to.  I decided to use the bathroom of the gas station too, since all the cool kids were doing it.  In hindsight, I was glad that we stopped because of the interior design gem that I stumbled upon. THIS is how the bathroom was decorated:


It honestly looks like the Flower Fairy of the month of May puked all over the place.  This is one of my favorite interior spaces because if you would have done NOTHING the room would have looked A HELL OF A LOT BETTER (not to mention, less creepy). And you would have saved yourself from explaining to the cashier that, no, you were not throwing a 3 year old a princess party for 55 toddlers, but you actually thought these would be a nice addition to a restroom.

But seriously, isn't there a beautiful juxtaposition between this interior light up pink tree and the picture of the pink blossom trees I posted Friday? I thought so.

No comments

Post a Comment