Hiking Pics

Tuesday, May 17, 2011


I successfully located my camera cord! That's about all the unpacking I can stand to do for the day. Pictures from our trip to Pinnacle Mountain State Park (about 30 minutes from Little Rock):

Little Turtle Guy Who Steve Moved off of the Path

from the observation point

Overall, a successful hike in the natural state. Me playing soccer with Steve later in the day? Not as successful. Turns out I do not have good hand-foot coordination, and when a soccer ball is coming at me I either a.) quickly back up as if it is actually a grenade or b.) protect myself by using my arms as if it is actually a volleyball. Neither are recommended. Option B hurts, as a soccer ball is much harder than a volleyball.

And the soccer field is H-U-G-E. I bet I could fit four basketball courts inside of it, or more. Running suicides on a soccer field? Would take me 20 minutes. And in basketball, we used to do 20 suicides in 20 minutes. I don't know which would be worse. But I know I will not be doing either. Hopefully ever again :)

1 comment: