I'm Published!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well, in the world of blogging anyway. And not just on my own blog! One of the funniest authors I've ever read, Jen Lancaster, was having a contest a few days back and to see which of her readers could write the best "6-word story" and the winner won a copy of her new novel, If You Were Here which comes out May 3rd. I am kind of excited that she wrote a novel, because she has previously written 5 memoirs, so it's kind of a change of pace. Though her memoirs are hilarious, and definitely start with her first one: 

Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office. 

Anyway, I know you're all dying to know: did I win the contest?! The answer is, sadly, no. BUT of the 1186 entries, she did mention my post in one of her 15 "favorites" other than the two winners.

For those of you too lazy to click, or, totally un-interested, I will share my story with you, anyways:

"Free" cat. Hundreds later, apartment destroyed.

Honestly, I haven't posted as much about my cat as I could have. Sure, you saw her help me with my homework , but other than how she ate my headphones as a snack I haven't really conveyed her destructive tendencies to you. For those who are really interested, my roomie has a blog she occasionally posts to from the first-person perspective of our little bundle of joy: www.minniesays.blogspot.com

For others, here are a few pictures of the feline that I owe my 15 seconds of fame to:

The first day we got her - she was so small! (and deceivingly innocent)
Day 2: Still Innocent

She and her boyfriend, Tomas: partners in crime

Though I admittedly take less pictures now then I did when she was as cute as a button and before she began needing to go to the expensive vet every other day and decided she was anti-litter box, she is getting much better (KNOCK ON WOOD AS HARD AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE) so maybe I'll post more recent pics soon!


1 comment: