Senior Night!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tomorrow is "Senior Night" for our basketball team, and, since I am now a senior, this is the first year I don't spend painting signs and getting things ready, instead, I just have to get "mentally prepared" ...which is much more difficult!

I really can't believe this game is finally here. My twin sister and her boyfriend actually flew here for the game, and my little sister and dad drove up. Tomorrow, my other little sister and mom are driving up too. And also my boyfriend, his parents, and a neighborhood friend! Not to mention my friends from school :)

So to keep this post basketball-related, here are some awesome quotes from the late John Wooden. (I found these online but my boyfriend got me a book about him for Valentine's Day that I'm looking forward to reading):

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
 "Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character."

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

"There are many things that are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which cannot be acquired without prayer."

"What you are as a person is far more important than what you are as a basketball player."

He has so many good quotes, so it's hard to narrow them down.  I'm pretty excited to go out there and fight for a W! :) Wishing everyone a wonderful (warm) weekend! :)

No comments

Post a Comment