Happy Weekend!

Friday, February 11, 2011

I feel like some guys have been counting down the days until this weekend. First off, no more NFL. Second off, Valentine's Day weekend. (Cue Hannah Montana to sing: "Best of Both Worlds")

No, but for real, not the best weekend for lots of people. However, on Monday FEBRUARY IS HALF WAY OVER! Although it is the shortest month of the year, it always feels like the longest.

Anyway, I just saw on facebook that one of my friends from high school is engaged, I guess it's a popular time for engagements/weddings which reminded me of a funny conversation my teammates had the other day.

I like changing names on this (to protect the innocent from having to be publicly associated with me online). So, let's say that my teammate, has been dating a boy named Bill for about a year now, and they're very serious.

We were talking about Valentine's-Day-proposals, and she proclaims adamantly: "I think when people propose on Valentine's Day it is just so cliche and predictable."

Me: "What if Bill proposed to you on Valentine's day?"

Her (with a total change of demeanor): "That would be fine." :)

It was probably a "you-had-to-be-there" moment but my team got a kick out of it. I'm about to check out for the weekend, but, to one and all: don't forget the REASON for the SEASON,


...candy.

No comments

Post a Comment