Time Keeps on Slippin...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today was one of those days where I didn't have time to breathe. Rush, rush, rush. Meeting, meeting, class, lunch, class (3hrs), bball game.

It's days like these I wish there was more time in a day. If only I could've napped for an hour before the game, maybe I'd have some more energy. If I had 20 extra minutes here or there, I would have cleaned my room. Or read my Bible.

Either way, in regards to time (it is getting late), something to think about: In my "Elvish Writing" class today, our professor said that Terry Jones (a star in "Monty Python" and also a historian) found out that Medieval peasants actually had about 80 days of the year OFF! Like, 11 vacation weeks!

So, not only are the Europeans beating the heck out of Americans on vacation days, but so are Medieval peasants! Now, I admit, being owned by someone, and essentially not getting paid wouldn't be ideal...but it would be nice to have some time to breathe every once in a while! Apparently there's a Youtube video about it that Terry Jones made .. I wish I had time to look for it :)

No comments

Post a Comment