1. I've always loved Mark Twain quotes. This one is my recent favorite. (For obvious reasons.)
2. Read Harry Potter to avoid ER trips! Expecto Patronum means "I await a protector" in Latin! And 23 more facts about everyone's favorite
3. "The expectation for women to get married in their 20s is completely tired and outdated" says this Elle article on why millenials are waiting to wed.
4. "A Healthy Sense of Leisure" is one of the Pope's top ten tips for becoming a happier person.
5. One of my dear friends lost a college friend to suicide. Her parents started a foundation in her honor. Their powerful video encourages people to break the stigma around mental illness. (and shares this startling fact: there are twice as many suicides each year as homicides.)
5. Twin Love: Adopted Twins Separated at Birth, Reunited on Facebook (proving all isn't wrong in the world of social media.)
6. This Isabelle Allende TED talk is part hilarious, part sad, and all thought-provoking.
7. Underrated* throwback rap song of the week. (what's up fresh, it's our turn baby.)
|A snap from a Pennsylvania hike with the family last weekend. |
Or as I like to call it: The End of the Fall as We Know It.
Have a delightful weekend - and stay warm!
*I'm not actually sure how highly this song was rated. But it couldn't possibly be rated high enough for me to say it was NOT underrated.