Field Trip: Olbrich Botanical Gardens

Thursday, May 14, 2015

If you have a free hour or two this weekend and live in Madison, I highly recommend wandering the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. It's the perfect place to sit on a bench and read a book or go on a walk with a friend. As shown:


I read recently that exercise is the new coffee date. So, instead of grabbing a coffee (or a beer) with co-workers and friends, people are hitting yoga and cycling classes. I was recently talking to a friend whose brother works in private equity in New York City, and she said they'd even take clients to exercise classes instead of the usual wine-and-dine treatment. Crazy, huh? 

It's nice to see a shift where people care about fitness collectively, but, to be honest, work out classes can get expensive. The can also be hard. (Ha!) A walk in the FREE Olbrich Botanical Gardens sounds like a happy medium to me. :)


The gardens are right across the street from Lake Monona, so it's a really bike-able destination if you're feeling extra motivated. There's also lots of parking! There are all kinds flowers and trees, as well as pretty paths, benches, and even an ornate golden Thai Pavilion.


I recommend wandering as a fun way to spend an hour or two. When I'm feeling a lack of inspiration, I find spending some time in nature often does the trick.


Wherever you live, I hope you're surrounded by blooms this weekend and get to spend some time outside! xx

No comments

Post a Comment