Weekly Favorites & What to Watch on Netflix

Friday, February 13, 2015

Remember when I was a Netflix noob? Well, I got so many great recommendations from everyone that I wanted to share them with you all! I also am adding my incredibly valuable, insightful commentary about the shows I tackled so far. In no particular order behold: what you should do this weekend, because, let's be real, there's no better way to celebrate Valentine's Day:



Shows:

1. House of Cards [devoured the first two seasons. AMAZING. Counting down the days to February 27 for Season 3.]
2. Friday Night Lights
3. Gilmore Girls [where has this show been all my life? Almost done with season 1 and in love with Lorelai, Rory, and (of course) Luke]
4. Breaking Bad
5. The Fall
6. Gossip Girl
7. Sherlock [watched the first episode. I did like it, but I was able to solve the crime before he did. This has NEVER happened to me before. But I do think I'll keep watching as I doubt that will ever happen again!]
8. Walking Dead
9. Sons of Anarchy
10. Blacklist
11. Grey's Anatomy [I watched the first six or so seasons as it came out, but a Meredith catch-up doesn't sound like a bad thing]
12. An Idiot Abroad
13. Frasier
14. Orange is the New Black [Finished the memoir! Review coming next week.]
15. Parks and Rec
16. Weeds
17. Doctor Who
18. The New Girl
19. Prison Break

Documentaries:
1. Somm
2. Undefeated
3. Blackfish

...anything else to add to either list?

Also, a few fun links for your weekend/Friday procrastination:

Happiness is Love. (Says science.)

"We are, like, the subprime-lending crisis of hanging out, right?" A hysterical texting conversation about getting drinks in the New Yorker.

In my next life, I'll be a ballerina. Amazed.

How I prep for the Oscars: I can't put down this book.

I just discovered this blog and I'm officially intrigued (and only a little grossed out).

"Boredom is good if what you want to do is come up with some really novel, creative ideas." (i.e. put down your phone!)

When people who don't live here think Madison is conservative, I just laugh. But I've never heard of a hotel takeover for sexual freedom before.

"We've all learned how, on Sunday night, to go to our email and work from home. But very few of us have learned to go to the movies on Monday afternoon. And if we're looking for wisdom, we need to learn to do that as well."

Have a lovely Valentine's Day weekend! xx


No comments

Post a Comment