The World's Greatest

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Olympics always make me wish I was the best in the world at something. And then I remember my ability to eat obscene amounts of candy and ice cream on a daily basis.



In a moment of impressive domestic accomplishment, I went grocery shopping today.

Phone conversation:
Me: Dude, I went grocery shopping and didn't buy any candy, fruit snacks, or frozen meals.
Stephen: What the hell did you buy?

True answer: not much. But walking past the candy aisle scotch-free makes me feel like I'm either some sort of all-powerful being or, like, I don't know, 23 years old.

In another domestic feat, I did a ton of laundry today while watching the Olympics, including my towels and sheets, and came to the conclusion that putting a fitted sheet on a mattress in 30 minutes or less without falling over should totally be an Olympic event. Bonus points if when you're finished it doesn't look like an absolute wrinkly mess.

But seriously - I love the Olympics! Watched a lot of swimming and synchronized diving today, which are super fun sports to watch once every four years. So that's convenient.

I can't wait to get into track and gymnastics. But my absolute favorite this year is women's indoor volleyball because my friend from high school, Christa Harmotto made the team - and did awesome yesterday in a win over South Korea! I "played" volleyball my freshman and sophomore years of high school, and when I was a sophomore, she was a senior and led our team to a Pennsylvania state championship!

She and my twin sister were our starting middles and I kept their blocking stats from the bench! I still made it on the front page of the sports section the next day, blowing celebratory bubbles. HOLLER AT ME.

But seriously, she's such a great person and it's awesome to see great things happen to great people - so everyone cheer on USA Women's Volleyball!

Also, celebrate the fact that you are not representing your county in a high-pressure athletic competition by continuing to eat dessert :)

1 comment: