One Year

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm lying on a king size bed in a Chicago hotel room, and I have to choose between doing my one year self-review or taking a shower. I thought it was a good chance to blog.

This is the longest I've gone without blogging a post since the inception of Rejoyce in January of 2010. I'd start talking about why I didn't blog (i.e. too many work trips), but a Whitney Houston song came on my Pandora about 10 minutes ago, and I swear, you guys, I almost started crying. And I don't even know why. I'm not even sad. Especially considering the new lululemon yoga pants I bought today. Regardless, I need to start injecting testosterone. But then those pants might not fit right.

Fortunately, I was reading through hilarious tweets when the late Whitney started singing her heart out, so I dodged that bullet. Nothing quite says "pathetic" like crying while scrolling endlessly through twitter, listening to sappy Pandora lying in a bed covered in the crumbs of Cheddar Harvest Sun Chips.

Thankfully, I didn't cry, so my situation now seems quite glamorous.

For those of you who read "lying on a king size bed in a Chicago hotel room" in the first sentence and didn't assume I was eating, congratulations on never having hung out with me.

It's hard to sum up my life in the last few months, so I'm going to do it in a super positive way, because I'm pretty much a ray of sunshine:

Accomplishments Since May 1:

1. Had an awesome vacation with my family in Wisconsin - and only suffered minor zip lining injuries!



2. Did NOT ruin the surprise when I went to the beach with Stephen's family and his beautiful sister Becky got engaged! (Check her super cute fashion blog here)



3.  Attended my first wedding in Des Moines as a *plus one* and wasn't even asked if I was a lesbian. (Though my date was asked once, I'm sure on my behalf)



4. Went boating on a boat that doesn't have a working motor.




I hope that all of you are enjoying your summers! I'm going to try to blog more, as I miss it, and it helps me put things into perspective :) I know some people can't see the forest through the trees, but I've been known to obsess over leaves and twigs.

For those of you who have been lacking reading material due to my lack of posts, I recommend Divergent for all young adult fans...very good! (If you like Katniss, you'll love Tris!)

Also, I just began re-reading The Great Gatsby and I think I'm falling in love with every sentence. That's the type of book that made me major in English (Despite my Elvish Writing's professor's beliefs, it was not The Canterbury Tales.) I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't read it (it's much better when they're not forcing you to read it in high school, I promise) ...also, the movie's coming out in December, with Leo as the starring role!

My first ever Rejoyce post post was ended with a quote, as was my one year anniversary post ... so might as well end my one-year work anniversary with a quote as well:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for the shout-out, homie. So glad to see you're back on the blogging scene. I deleted my previous post because I spelled you're--> your. I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete