Fifty Nifty

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It is my goal to go to all fifty United States. Some people have goals like "go save orphans in Africa" but I guess I'm not one of those people. 

Just kidding, I'm a huge fan of being nice to everyone, remember my one inspiring post?!?  It's true that my ratio of inspiring posts to sarcastic posts is about as good as my assists-turnover ratio. I'll work on it.

Okay, back to my selfish travel goal. See map:


Yes, this is what I do in my free time. The Smileys represent the states I have been in my life. (28) the red represents states I need to go! (22). I'm clearly not sure about Michigan, though considering all the smileys around it, maybe I've passed through? (can any family members help me out?)

I drew on this map from Google with "Paintbrush" on my Mac. If you want to see someone whose blog is awesomely hilarious and who draws hilariously awesome paintbrush pictures visit hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com . She makes a living off of her blog (see, there is hope for me ;);) 

Also, this is my favorite post of hyperbole's about why being being afraid of spiders is PERFECTLY OKAY.

Back to the map - the most observant of my following bunch might notice that "one of these states is not like the others"...that's right, Arkansas has a big yellow star/asterisk type thing on it .. meaning... I fly there tomorrow!!! If there's one thing that needs three exclamation marks, it's that.

Why, you ask? Well, so that I can have 29 Smileys, of course! It has nothing to do with my boyfriend living there. :)

Since he just moved down there, he has no internet yet so I can't promise a post on Thursday or Friday, so have a nice weekend if I don't talk to you all before :) 



No comments

Post a Comment