Bracket: Busted

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My bracket has been busted for a while now. Actually, the only time it wasn't busted was ...March 17. Those were the days. Before my hopes and dreams were shattered before my eyes in the form of computer-generated red lines.

I think I am probably in the bottom in America, of anyone who actually tried. Next year, I am going to purposely try to be wrong, and I think I will probably get better results. But seriously, ZERO number one picks in the Final Four? Was the Selection Committee purposely trying to mess me up? Screw the Final Four, I had 1 pick right in the Elite 8. I will not mention that I did play Division 1 basketball for four years, as that would be even more embarrassing. 

Regardless of me picking Pitt to be the National Champion, and them getting knocked out by Butler - I am now on the Butler Bandwagon! Their Coach, Brad Stevens, is so young and so calm! He hardly looks like a basketball coach, which is probably why I like him so much. While other coaches are screaming and flipping shit like BASKETBALL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OXYGEN SO RUN THE DAMN PLAY RIGHT BEFORE I CUT OFF YOUR LEGS AND FEED THEM TO MY DOBERMAN and threatening the lives of the referees (and the lives of their family members, too.), Brad just stands their, calmly watching his players. Which, in my mind, is how it should be. Coaches have hours and hours and hours and hours with their players. Hours to direct and teach, and yell and scream, if they want. Why do this during a game? During their "performance"? 

And, from my experience, nothing makes a coach more mad than when a player yells at a ref. Coaches always say things like "You can't control a ref, don't worry about things you can't control." Yet, some coaches yell at refs FOR FORTY MINUTES STRAIGHT. Some example. It's nice to see a coach who doesn't jump up the ref's ass the second the ball is tipped.

I've thought a lot about going into coaching at some point in my life, but most likely just at the high school level, where the sport is less of a business. Regardless, I hope to be as cool and composed as this guy, and I hope Butler wins it all this year!



No comments

Post a Comment