The Calendar is a Scam

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am hoping the snow that graced us with its presence overnight is Winter's LAST laugh. Fingers crossed.  To be honest with you, I've been over this whole Winter Wonderland thing since approximately December 26th.  I'm all for a White Christmas, but a tropical New Year's Eve sounds pretty spectacular, too.  And, since March is traditionally "in like a lion, and out like a lamb" I vote for someone informing March's publicist that it needs to transition to the "out" phase ASAP. After all, there are only 9 days left, we wouldn't want March destroying its brand equity. I mean, everyone knows February weather is going to be expectedly depressing, but this whole surprisingly miserable thing could ruin March's reputation beyond repair.

I mean, if I were Easter, I would stay in April for as long as possible, you know? Next thing you know, St. Patrick's Day is going to be all "screw this, July 17th is sounding better and better" and then the only "holiday" March will have is the "First Day of Spring" which we all know is a BLATANT LIE.

I thought about taking more pictures of snow - but then decided it would be much better to post more of natural Arkansas: where "the vernal equinox" isn't some cruel joke of mother nature.
 This picture doesn't do the mini-wildflowers justice, but I loved how they speckled the grass!
I'm a fan of flowering trees!
hello, yellow
Never saw one of these signs before!
It was dusk-ish when I took these photos, but I loved all the green and "canyon-like" backdrop.

I bet none of your ever considered moving to Arkansas before. Anyway, got to go put on my boots, fleece, coat, grab my umbrella, and head to class.

No comments

Post a Comment