Winter is Coming

Sunday, December 9, 2012

It snowed today in Madison, which was perfect because I needed a reason to sit on my couch for hours on end. Thanks, weather! I owe you one. But you owe me all those flight delays, power outages, and bad driving conditions. Seriously. Nowhere close to even. I still don't care about you.

I drove my boyfriend to the airport through the snow and then back to my apartment this morning, so now I know how George Washington felt after crossing the Delaware. WHAT a feat. And, on the way there, Stephen sincerely said to me, "Wow. This is the best I've ever seen you drive." There's a quote for the history books.

I need to get a better camera, but here are some shots from my iPhone from this weekend:


Stephen and I ate a restaurant that is on the top floor of the Overture Center in Madison - it was decorated very festively :)







I don't have much to say now (begging the question, "Why are you blogging?"), but I'm having one of those Sunday nights where the dread of the impending work week overwhelms me and next Friday at 5:00pm seems like it's at the end of a 100-mile long tunnel that I'm walking through with no cell phone service and it kind of seems like it might cave in any day now. However, there are some awesome things I've been distracting myself with lately that are perfect diversions, especially if you're also snowed in, so here are my unsolicited recommendations:

Start reading George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones if you haven't already. I'm obsessed and want to name my future children after the characters. Hermione is just too hard to spell. (Luna is obviously still in the running ;) )

Listen to Corrine Bailey Rae's The Sea. You've probably heard Put your records on but the whole album is full of passionate, heartfelt songs that improve even the dullest commutes. One of my favorites is Like a Star.

Also, you should read Dooce if you don't - especially if you want to know what a real blog looks like.

Instead of a long, slow collapsing tunnel, I hope your week turns out to be a short well-lit tunnel that ends in a beautiful city scape like the Fort Pitt tunnels - which are beautifully captured in The Perks of Being a Wallflower movie - which you should also go see. Happy December :)

No comments

Post a Comment