Mom's Meals: Spinach Salad

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mom's meals is a series where I share recipes from my kitchen-wizard mother that I have managed to replicate, even though I once started a fire boiling water.

--

Before the world went crazy for kale, there was spinach. The original leafy green. Today I'm sharing a super easy, super delicious spinach salad recipe that my mom would often whip up for a side dish. 


What you need:

Spinach
1 Bag Slivered Almonds
1 Red Onion
1 Can Mandarin oranges
A splash of Red Wine Vinegar
A little Olive Oil
Sugar



What you do:

It's a salad, so you don't do much! 

Rinse spinach and cut onion.

Mix the juice in the can of mandarin oranges with a little red wine vinegar and olive oil, and lots of sugar. Taste until you decide you like the dressing!

Combine spinach, onion, oranges, and almonds, and toss in the dressing you just made.



Any other delicious summer salads you recommend? As long as it's easy, I'm game to try it!

And, fair warning, if you have a cat and attempt to make a meal involving a mixing bowl, expect this:

His expression says: You couldn't possibly need this bowl for anything.
Enjoy this delicious (and potentially healthy) summer salad!

p.s. Have you Googled food comparisons? It's a pretty nifty Google Easter egg. Here's kale vs. spinach.

No comments

Post a Comment