Winter Escape

Monday, February 4, 2013

I consider February the Monday of the calendar year.

Today's the first Monday in February, so, as you can imagine, I was basically a radiant beam of sunshine all day long. Especially since I had to wake up at 5:45 to drive a rental car through snowy roads to Chicago. Super exhausting since I'm pretty beat from performing as a back-up dancer in last night's half time show. In my living room.

One good thing is I've realized over the years how much I despise February, so I've developed coping mechanisms. Maybe you think I'm stupid to hate a month, but you know what's way dumber  and way more common?  People hating other people. I generally like people. So you can't blame me for not adoring the dreariest 28 days of the earth's orbit around the sun.

This year to survive February I planned two trips. I spent the first weekend in Arkansas with  my boyfriend and will spend the last weekend in Puerto Rico with my sisters!

If you have any ideas of fun things to do in Puerto Rico, let me know! If you have any ideas of fun things to do in Arkansas, you obviously have never been there. (Just kidding, Stephen!)

We actually just had a wonderful weekend in the Rock! (Or as my sister calls it "tiny pebble").

First off, it was zero degrees in Madison when I left. So I would have been happy if I were going to a warm prison. We hiked Pinnacle mountain on Saturday, and I wore shorts, a Bucknell tee, and a Bucknell hoodie. Stephen told me to leave the hoodie in the car, but I just couldn't - it was February 2nd! It's the principle of the matter. Of course, I was sweating half way up the mountain. Of course, we also saw a couple of Stephen's friends that I got to meet while looking like a hot mess. Queen of first impressions. Holler.


view from the top!
It was really relaxing to sit on the top of the mountain and watch hawks circle around Arkansas. My escape to the paradise of the Midwest really helped start my month off right! I do think the general gray-ness of February can damper people's moods, though, as well as the post-holiday/post-NFL dip in general levels of excitement. But stick it out...it's the shortest month of the year for a reason :) 

Here's a super old post to check out - but I stand by my 2-year-old recommendation - be nice to people in February, especially girls :) Is anyone else super relieved they aren't still in high school freaking out over whether or not they'll get a carnation during homeroom?

Quote of the month!

No comments

Post a Comment