Mom's Meals: Banana Bread

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wanted to share a quick recipe on here before heading to Orlando. Banana bread is the perfect thing to make for a post-dinner snack that then doubles as a nice change-up for breakfast for the next week! It's also the thing to do when you have a couple rotten bananas lying around. You can freeze said rotten bananas after they've turned brown/black while you gather your other necessary ingredients - which of course took me a few days ;)  (I heard a pro tip is to take the peels of prior to freezing them, but I learned that tip right after making this!)

What you need:

 1 3/4 c flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 t salt

1/2 c packed brown sugar

2 T white sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/3 c oil

2 ripe bananas, mashed

1 c chopped walnuts



What you do:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one bread loaf pan.

Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, white sugar) in large bowl.

Beat two eggs in small bowl with wire whisk.

Peel two ripe bananas, put on plate, mash with a fork, then put the bananas in the small bowl with the eggs.

Add the oil to the bananas and eggs, stir together, then add to the dry ingredients in larger bowl. Mix by hand until smooth.

Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour into already greased and floured loaf pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes (until toothpick inserted comes out clean).

Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan and cool further on wire rack before slicing.

Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.

I will say, I think my loaf was a little over-baked so I might recommend checking after ~50 mins of baking to see if it's already done. Maybe my oven worked better than I thought it did! If I used it more I'm sure I would know :)


I recommend serving with good old butter. Enjoy!

No comments

Post a Comment